PRECIOUS MEMORIES


Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another birthday for me but the Gospel is ageless

Today is Saturday, July 12, 2008 and I turn 57 years old. It’s a typical hot Mississippi summer day and mom tells me it was this hot in 1951 only without the luxury of air conditioning.

At 57, I have come to rest my soul on a handful of biblical truths:
  • Only Jesus saves.
  • Only Jesus satisfies.
  • The Bible is true.
  • God is holy, just and good.
  • His mercies endure forever.
  • Jesus is Lord.
  • His blood cleanses from every sin.
  • He rose from the dead on the third day.
  • He is now enthroned in heaven.
  • One day He will return to the earth.
  • The God who created me has a purpose for my life.
  • All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose.
  • The Holy Spirit intercedes for me.
Here is a video clip of Billy Graham preaching in Madison Square Garden in New York City in 1957. I hope you are reminded in this excerpt from a sermon preached 51 years ago that the Gospel is ageless.

No comments: