Casey M. "Buddy" Smith, Jr., is Senior Vice President of American Family Association, ordained Elder (retired) in the United Methodist Church, active in music evangelism as a soloist and sings locally with Joyful Noise Quartet. He and his wife, Carol, make their home in Plantersville, Mississippi.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Rick Burgess - A Father's Heart
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Americans Flunk Test on Roe v. Wade
Jan. 22 marks the 35th anniversary of Roe v. Wade and Doe v.
To find out the answer, Focus on the Family, the Alliance Defense Fund and Concerned Women for America (CWA) teamed up to create the online Roe IQ Test.
More than 40,000 people took the quiz. And the results? Americans have a lot to learn — the average score was a 59 percent, the equivalent of an F.
Eighty percent of participants described themselves as “conservative” or “very conservative.” Test scores improved with frequency of church attendance and with level of education. In addition, test scores improved as participants’ views of abortion became more pro-life — the highest test scores were among those who would prohibit abortion in all circumstances.
Carrie Gordon Earll, senior bioethics analyst for Focus on the Family Action, said the results confirm that Americans do not realize the widespread impact of Roe and Doe.
“Americans do not understand that according to these two rulings, abortion is legal for virtually any reason at any point during the pregnancy, including for teenagers without parental involvement — unless a state has passed a law to the contrary,” she said. “So when you hear pro-abortion groups claim that Americans support Roe, don't believe it. Americans don't know Roe, and how can you support what you don't understand?"
Matt Barber, policy director for cultural issues at CWA, said the test results show just how effective the propaganda is from the pro-abortion industry and the mainstream media.
“The more people learn about Roe v. Wade and what Roe v. Wade has actually done to our country, the more people oppose the provisions of Roe v. Wade,” he told Family News in Focus. “That is the primary reason that groups like Planned Parenthood and the National Organization for Women and other pro-abortion organization want to get out this disinformation — they don’t want people to know the truth about Roe v. Wade.”
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Take the Roe IQ test, study the answers and pass the information along to friends and family.http://capwiz.com/fof/utr/1/NLVYHZYWIO/DDKFHZYWSF/1676643176/
Friday, January 18, 2008
10 specific prayers for revival and spiritual awakening
1. Ask God to bring deep conviction of sin, spiritual brokenness, a holy fear of God and genuine repentance among His people. There will be no revival without these elements and only God can produce them in His people. After all we cannot program or work up genuine brokenness and repentance. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
2. Pray for deep cleansing, genuine repentance, and spiritual power to engulf pastors and Christian leaders. Revival and spiritual awakening are extremely unlikely without a mighty move of God in pastors and Christian leaders. Renewed pastors are absolutely crucial to a move of God in our day! (Ephesians 6:14-20)
3. Pray for God to bestow spiritual hunger in His people and draw them to fervent intercession. God has to grant people the genuine faith and the fervent desire for prayer. With all our promotion and programming, we cannot “produce a genuine prayer movement. (Philippians 2:13)
4. Pray that God will bring loving unity in our churches and a deep harmony between our churches. Many churches need healing among members and many churches need to stop competing jealously with other churches. (John 13:35)
5. Pray for God to fill His people with a passion to see people saved. (Only God can give a genuine burden for souls.) Until God’s people intensely pray for the lost and do aggressive soulwinning revival will tarry. Be sure you are constantly praying for many lost people by name. (Romans 9:1-3)
6. Pray for God to give His people a passion for missions and starting churches. Great revivals produce an explosion of mission projects, new ministries and new church starts. Only God can grant a genuine passion for missions. (Matthew 28:19)
7. Pray that God will call thousands into ministry, missions and Christian service. Many churches are dying for lack of soul winners, teachers and church workers. Furthermore, we can start only as many churches as we have church planters to start them. (Matthew 9:37)
8. Pray that God will pour out His Spirit like a mighty purifying flood. Ask God to purify our “motives as we pray for revival. After all it is possible to pray for revival for selfish or ambitious reasons. Our motives must be solely for: (a) the glory of God, and (b) the increase of the kingdom of God. We must not pray for revival just to solve our own problems or make our church successful in the eyes of men. (James 4:2)
9. Pray for a mighty move of conviction and salvation upon communities of cultural influence. Some key examples are Hollywood actors and producers, government officials, educators, teachers, and college professors, news and media people, talk shows hosts, comedians, homosexual activists groups, and the music industry. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)
10. Specifically pray for God to pour out His Spirit in a fashion even greater than He did in America in 1858 and Wales in 1904. (Ten percent of Wales’ population was saved in five months!) Ask God for a modern day of Pentecost in the United States and Canada. (Mark 11:22-24; John 14:13-14.)