PRECIOUS MEMORIES


Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Casey Smith, III

Happy Birthday Casey Smith, III

Carol and drove to Birmingham yesterday to visit with Casey Smith, III and Mandy in honor of his twenty-sixth birthday which is today. Casey is Head Golf Pro at Farmlinks Golf Club in Sylacauga, Alabama. Please send him a Happy Birthday email today and be sure to tell him who you are.



He wrote the following poem when he was fourteen or fifteen years old.

Golf
by Casey Smith, III

The sport of fierce competition
Filled with people of hopes and determination

The game of inches
When the last putt is hit and your heart clinches

The game of heart and gruesome practicing
I have stuck with it in snow, lightning, and raining

I started playing golf when I was 13
The sport has come sort of natural to me and keeps me lean

The sport requires a big desire
I will still be playing golf after I retire

I hope one day I will turn pro
Whether I will ever be good enough I don’t know*

I don’t know if Golf is a part of God’s will
But if it is, it will be such a thrill

* Casey earned the status of PGA Golf Professional in November of 2006.

No comments: