PRECIOUS MEMORIES


Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010: The vows Go Unbroken

My valentine messages to Carol this year can be summed up with quote from former Prime Minister of Great Britain Winston Churchill and a poem.

Someone asked Mr. Churchill just a short while before he died, "If you could live your life again, what would you want to be?" Mr. Churchill replied with a twinkle in his eye, "If I could live a second lifetime, I would want to be Mrs. Churchill's second husband." And my wish would be Carol's second husband if I could live my life life again.

Another Valentine's message to Carol is found in the words of the poem Final Proof by Archibald Rutledge:

"I do not need some tremendous miracle to give me faith in God:
A violet would do, or a spire or goldenrod, or a daisy or two.
But if I had to have a magic and a wonder, to rend my doubts assunder,
To prove God true -- it would be you!"


Happy valentine's Day!

Love always,

Buddy





Joan & Marion Smith from Buddy Smith on Vimeo.

No comments: