PRECIOUS MEMORIES


Monday, May 12, 2008

Dottie Rambo – Legendary gospel singer and songwriter

Legendary gospel singer and songwriter Dottie Rambo died Sunday morning when her tour bus ran off a road in southwest Missouri and struck an embankment. She was 74 years old. She had more than 2500 published songs, among them a song of great hope called “Sheltered in the Arms of God.” Casey and I sing this wonderful old song at South Union Camp Meeting in 2002.

Here is a short list of Dottie’s published songs:
  • Sheltered in the Arms of God
  • We Shall Behold Him
  • I Will Glory In The Cross
  • Behold The Lamb
  • Build My Mansion
  • I Go To The Rock
  • He Looked Beyond My Fault
  • Holy Spirit Thou Art Welcome
  • I Call Him Lord
  • If That Isn’t Love
  • Tears Will Never Stain The Streets of That City
Here is a more complete list of songs by Dottie Rambo.

Dottie Rambo and Barbara Mandrell sing “I Will Glory In The Cross.”



Sandy Patty sings “We Shall Behold Him” like no one else. You can see Dottie Rambo sitting in the background, singing along. I have no doubt that the song’s author is now beholding Jesus face to face.

Listen, watch and be blessed.



See below for a behind the scenes look into the Dottie's CD released this year. LuLu Roman joins her for “Holy Spirit Thou Art Welcome.”

No comments: